1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I LOVE Noro silk garden (sock, lite, ordinariy - all of it). I only knit in wool or blends with wool and in alpaca. I do a little crochet with cotton, but it's to hard on my hands to knit with. I cannot stand 100% acrylic!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? A plastic basket - practical but rather ugly.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learn to knit in schol about 30 years ago. Did a little knitting as a teenager, but the had a brake for about 20 years. I would say I'm an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have THIS and THIS (the trains is my boyfriends wishes ;-))
5. What's your favorite scent? Vanilla. No scented candles please, they give me headache :-(
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh yes! I like chocolate and liqourish
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I crochet, sew, do embroidery and do a little jewlery from time to time. I cannot spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I have an MP3 player. I like Sarah Machlan and pop. But mostly I listen to audio books.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I like purple and dark red. I used do dislike yellow, but it have grown on me ;-) I can't stand pastell colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my boyfriend and our 4 year old son. No pets other than my sons fish.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves and mittens - you have to in winter here in Denmark :-)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Shawls - I both knit and crochet them.
13. What are you knitting right now? A sweater for my niece, a cardigan for my sister and a shawl (or 2)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes please!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I only use Addi turbo or lace circular needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Both
17. How old is your oldest UFO? It has to be my sisters cardigan - it has been laying for 3 months now...
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Other than yarn ;-) No.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I like Norah Gaughan and Jane Ellison designs. I would love to get any of the magazines needed to make the things in my Ravelry queue. I like both Interweave Knit and Interweave Crochet. The Knit magazine I can sometimes get here in Denmark but I havn't found Interweave Crochet yet :-( I don't have any subscriptions.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Fair isle and cables
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I don't knit socks and I don't like wearing them. But my son does ;-) His foot is 18 cm (7")
23. When is your birthday? July 22th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? gaffah